Aqualyx Fat Dissolving Treatment
Aqualyx Fat Dissolving Treatment
Aqualyx is a water based solution injected into the fatty tissue to destroy the fat cells. It is an injectable compound made from the deoxycholate family of acids. These acids cause fat destruction in the body.
The remains of the fat cells are then excreted as waste by the body. It is a very safe and effective treatment.
This treatment is a non-surgical solution to minimize and remove stubborn localized pockets of fat from the body. It is ideal for those who exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet but have pockets of fat that won’t shift, even with focused exercise.
Can be used on the following areas:
- Upper / Lower Abdomen
- Love handles
- Arms/ Bingo Wings
- Bra bulge
- Flanks and waist
- Inner and outer thighs
- Gynecomastia (man boobs)
- Acute or chronic skin disease in the affected area
- Anaphylactic reactions, severe allergies, severe organic or physical illnesses, autoimmune disease or diabetes
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
The number of treatments required varies depending on the size of the fatty deposit.
Typically, 1-3 treatments for small areas, such as under the chin, and 4-6 treatments for larger areas such as the thighs & abdomen.
Treatments are spaced at 4-6 weekly intervals. Your results will show in approximately 6 weeks after your final treatment. Please note results differ from patient to patient.
A reduction in fat in the targeted area can be noted a number of weeks post-treatment. The speed at which noticeable results are seen will vary depending on the stability of the cell membranes; younger clients are more likely to see results after a longer period. In very small fat pads, the desired results can already be seen after one treatment.
How to prepare for treatment:
Discontinue blood thinning agents such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, and Essential Fatty Acids, and multivitamins, a minimum of 7 days (preferably 14 days) prior to treatment. It is fine to continue iron and vitamin D for 2 days prior to and 2 days after treatment. Thin blood results in increased risk of bruising, so help minimise bruising risk by avoiding anything that can thin your blood.
Protocol for resolving bruising and swelling:
- Hot compress: very hot water, soak clean cloth, wring out very tight, lay over the face so that the heat and steam goes to the face. Repeat several times, ideally every 2 hours if possible.
- Arnica cream: Available in Boots, apply generously before going to bed, will help resolve bruising
- Wearing a compression garment can help with the swelling (and results)
After Care Advice
- Immediately after treatment, there may be slight redness, swelling, tenderness and an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injections. The inconvenience is temporary and generally disappears in a few days. If it continues or if other reactions occur, please call us. The results directly after the treatment should not be seen as the final result.
- Avoid touching the treatment area for 6 hours after the treatment. After that the area can be gently washed with soap and water, and light make-up can be applied in the case of the neck/jaw area after 24 hours
- Until the initial swelling has resolved, do not expose the treated area to intense heat (e.g. steam , sauna & sunbathing) or extreme cold.
- If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, be aware that these may increase the bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
If you experience persistent or increasing swelling and redness that might indicate infection, or bruising that is more than average please contact us immediately.
Please Note: Fat Dissolving Injections are a body contouring treatment not a weight loss solution. Treatments are only applicable for small, localised areas. Clients must be almost close to their ideal weight.
Our Aqualyx treatment is carried out by a Qualified Medical Clinician.
Any questions please use the following details below to get in touch.
Everyone is unique. This means that sensitivity periods, treatment plans, treatment results and their longevity will vary from patient to patient depending on skin type & elasticity, age and lifestyle. The information on this page is based on the average treatment experience. For more accurate information, you should make a consultation with one of our beauty experts. There is possibility of swelling, redness, and a recovery period after the treatment. Depending on treatment most patients can return to work immediately.
We do not refund any treatment packages or any treatments that have already been carried out. All booked packages of our beauty treatments must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase, otherwise no refund will be provided for the missed treatments.